Vendor + Artist Agreement
This Vendor Agreement (the “Agreement”) is between:
FYID NYC INC. (“The X Shows” : “Xchange Fashion Festival” ;“InterseXtion” : Art x Fashion Showcase), a New York company, with offices at 154 Washington avenue Brooklyn, Ny 11205;
and Vendor as indicated on your submitted online Application (“you” or “Vendor”).
This Agreement shall not bind The X Shows or Vendor unless and until (1) The X Shows offers you a space at the showcase by sending you an “Offer Email”; and (2) you accept The X Shows’ offer to participate in the showcase by paying the Rental Fee in accordance with the Offer Email (the “Binding Conditions”). IMMEDIATELY UPON THE SATISFACTION OF THE BINDING CONDITIONS, THIS AGREEMENT SHALL AUTOMATICALLY BECOME AN EFFECTIVE AND BINDING CONTRACT BETWEEN The X Shows AND VENDOR.
The term “Agreement” as used herein includes and incorporates herein the information, terms and conditions contained within (i) the Application (ii) The X Shows’s Offer Email; (iii) The X Shows’ Confirmation Email to you (the “Confirmation Email”); and the Vendor Rules & Regulations posted on the The X Shows website (the “Rules & Regulations”). This Agreement sets forth the entirety of the parties’ respective rights and obligations in connection with Vendor’s operation of a booth space at The X Shows’ all applicable locations of the The X Shows.
(1) Creation of Binding Agreement. This Agreement shall not bind The X Shows in any way unless and until (i) The X Shows has sent Vendor the Offer Email, which The X Shows may or may not send in its sole discretion and (ii) Vendor has accepted the offer by payment of the Rental Fee as set forth below. The Offer Email, if sent, will set forth the dates on which The X Shows has conditionally approved you to operate a booth at the Showcase (the “Term”). The date of the Offer Email shall be deemed the “Effective Date” of this Agreement.
(a) Rental Fee. To bind this Agreement and reserve a booth for the Term you must pay the required “Rental Fee” (which shall include the Space Rental Fee + any Equipment Rental Fee) in the amount, manner and within the time frame set forth in the Offer Email. To the extent not otherwise provided in the Offer Email, the rate of the rentals are broken into tiers: Tier 1 outlines $250 for 21'5 W x 20 H wall space and floor space: 6' W x 6' H, Tier 2 outlines $300 wall and floor space: 6' W x 6 H + 6' W x 20' H, Tier 3: $500 for wall space: 43' W x 20' H and floor space: 12' W x 12' H,
Tier 4 outlines $600, Wall + floor space:12' W x 12' H + 12' W x 20' H, lastly the rate of rack rentals is $100 of the specified Term (the “Space Rental Fee”). For all wall space rentals by artists, art merchants must provide FYID NYC INC. with the price of items and 30% of all sales made during the Showcase. The Space Rental Fee and/or designated commission is non-refundable/non-negotiable. There are no refunds for absolutely no reason.
(b) Method of Payment. Vendor must submit payment online to The X Shows account, via the online shop up until 2 days before the event. Vendor may remit the Rental Fee to The X Shows via the The X Shows invoice. Vendor shall include the Term designated within the Offer Email with any invoice payment.
(c) Timing. The Rental Fee must be received by FYID NYC INC. no later than eight (8) days once issued in order to participate, although The X Shows may, in its sole discretion, accept a later payment pending availability. If the Term is sold out prior to receipt of payment of the Rental Fee, Vendor will receive a credit valid for the following Pop-Up event.
(2) Modification of Term. Vendor and The X Shows may mutually agree at any time to extend or modify the Term. Any extension or modification must be agreed to in writing, which such writing may be by an email from The X Shows confirming an extension. This Agreement shall continue to govern any such extension or modification.
(3) Wall and floor space.
(a) Assignment of Space. Following approval by The X Shows and payment of the Rental Fee by Vendor, The X Shows shall grant to Vendor a license to use the spaces provided with corresponding tier unless otherwise noted. Vendor will be advised as to the location of the Space by or before the prior to the start of the Term or upon arriving at the Showcase during the appointed Vendor set-up period on the selling day. Vendor acknowledges that the size, location and configuration of the vendor spaces may vary. The X Shows shall be entitled, in its sole discretion, to market, position and determine assignment of spaces to all vendors, including the Vendor, within the Showcase; and provided further that Vendor hereby accepts all such determinations as final. Vendor may not exceed the footprint of Vendor’s designated Space.
(b) There is no transfer, assignment, sub-licensing, subletting or sharing of the Space to other vendors or any other third parties in any form whatsoever (unless pre- approved by management). In addition, Vendor shall not market, display or sell merchandise of any third parties. In addition to any other remedies or recourse that The X Shows may have hereunder or at law, if merchandise being displayed is determined to belong to a party other than the Vendor, without prior written approval from The X Shows, The X Shows shall be entitled to terminate Vendor’s rental and require that Vendor immediately vacate the Space and leave the Showcase.
(c) All affixed installations to the Space shall become the property of The X Shows upon installation and shall be surrendered unless The X Shows elects to relinquish such rights or require removal thereof at Vendor’s sole cost and expense. Any objects of personal property left inside or outside of the Space will be discarded, at Vendor’s sole cost and expense. The X Shows will not be liable for any damage to or loss of objects or property left in these areas. Vendor is to keep the Space clean, at Vendor’s sole cost and expense, in a manner satisfactory to The X Shows and shall reimburse The X Shows promptly for all documented costs incurred in connection with the provision, installation and/or removal of furniture or other furnishings to be provided by The X Shows.
(4) Merchandising & Display Standards.
(a) Upon The X Shows’ approval, Vendor shall be entitled to commence set-up of its booth and display as set forth below. Vendor shall use its best efforts when constructing displays to minimize any disturbance to the other vendors operations. Further, Vendor shall be responsible, at its sole cost and expense, to repair any damage and disruption Vendor may cause to the Showcase or other vendors booths, venue property, or operations. Vendor shall be considerate of their neighboring vendors when constructing displays and sets both in terms of creating displays that may obstruct sightlines in ways that are egregious or un-neighborly; as well, being mindful of the overall aesthetic experience of the Showcase in considering display items, materials, props, etc. Displays built against the walls or columns will be limited to 6’ in height and displays built in free-standing spaces will be limited to 6’ in height. Any structures built between neighboring booths cannot exceed 6’ in height. Vendor shall not build walls, hang curtains or mount fixtures or grid-walls that are wider than 3’ across so as to keep the space open and maintain clear sight-lines between adjacent booths.
(5) Vendor Responsibilities. In addition to any other Vendor requirements or restrictions as set forth in this Agreement, Vendor’s must comply with the responsibilities set forth in the “Vendor Rules and Regulations,” (see affixed document), as the same may be reasonably modified or supplemented by The X Shows from time to time. The X Shows shall not be obligated to enforce the Rules and Regulations against Vendor or any other vendor of the Collective Showcase or any other party, and The X Shows shall have no liability to Vendor by reason of the violation by any other vendor or other party of the Rules and Regulations; provided, that The X Shows shall not enforce the Rules and Regulations in a manner which discriminates against Vendor (it being understood that rules may have varying impact on vendors, taking into account differences in their use and business operations). If any Rule and Regulation(s) shall conflict with any provision in the body of this Agreement, such provision of this Agreement shall govern.
(6) Use of Tradename; Name; Images; Likeness. The X Shows shall be entitled to use the tradename, names, likeness, images and other media representations of Vendor and Vendor’s employees, agents and guests (“Vendor Parties”) for purposes of marketing and advertising the Showcase for the Company’s website, social media, print advertising, and in any and all media now or hereafter devised without any payment to Vendor or the Vendor Parties. In furtherance of the above Vendor agrees on behalf of itself and the other Vendor Parties, that in connection with The X Shows’ advertising and marketing, The X Shows shall have the right to take and use photographic images, video footage, graphic images and sound recordings of Vendor Parties at the Company’s marketplace.
(7) Events of Default. This Agreement and the license hereby granted are subject to the limitations that upon the occurrence, at any time during the Term, of any one or more of the following events (referred to as “Events of Default”):
(a) if Vendor shall default in the observance or performance of any term, covenant or condition of this Agreement; or
(b) if Vendor shall default in the observance or performance of any term, covenant or condition on Vendor’s part to be observed or performed under any other agreement with The X Shows; or
(c) if Vendor shall file a voluntary petition in bankruptcy, or shall be adjudicated a bankrupt or insolvent, or shall make an assignment for the benefit of creditors;
then, in any of said cases, The X Shows may, at its option, immediately terminate this Agreement and the Term; provided that Vendor shall remain liable for damages and shall forego any prepaid fee and security deposit. In addition to the foregoing, The X Shows and its agents may immediately at any time after such Event of Default or after the Expiration Date re-possess the Space, dispossess Vendor and any other persons from the Space and remove any and all of their property and effects from the Space. Vendor hereby agrees to pay, as additional charges, all attorneys’ fees and disbursements (and all other court costs or expenses of legal proceedings) which The X Shows may incur by reason of, or in connection with any action or proceeding to terminate this Agreement or in connection with any Event of Default by Vendor under this Agreement.
(8) Indemnification. Vendor agrees to indemnify and hold harmless The X Shows, its affiliates, officers, employees, and representatives from and against any and all losses, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, costs, damages, claims (actual or alleged) and expenses resulting from claims for bodily injury, death, property destruction, or property damage arising out of or incidental to or in any way resulting from the acts or omissions, whether negligent or otherwise, of the Vendor, its employees, subcontractors, or agents, if any, in performance under this Agreement and the use of its Space at the Showcase and in the common areas of the Showcase during the Term unless such bodily injury, death, property destruction, property damage, or personal injury is determined to be the result of the negligence or intentional misconduct of The X Shows, their affiliates, agent, officers, employees, or representatives.
(9) Limitation of Liability. Vendor shall look solely to The X Shows leasehold interest in the Showcase and the proceeds thereof, for the recovery of any judgment against Vendor, and no other property or assets of The X Shows and its members, officers, directors, or affiliates shall be subject to levy, execution or other enforcement procedure for the satisfaction of Vendor’s remedies under or with respect to this Agreement. In no event shall The X Shows and/or its affiliates and/or their respective members, managers, officers, employees, agents or representatives be liable to Vendor or any other person or entity for consequential, special, indirect, incidental, or punitive damages, costs, expenses or losses (including without limitation lost profits, loss of business, anticipatory profits and opportunity costs).
(10) Subject to Overlease; Termination. In the event that at anytime during the Term (i) The X Shows is required to vacate the Showcase for any reason; (ii) The X Shows’ lease at the Showcase is terminated or expires for any reason; or (iii) the Showcase is substantially damaged by fire or casualty; then The X Shows shall be entitled terminate this Agreement by providing not less than seven (7) days written notice to Vendor, whereupon Vendor shall be required to vacate the Space as of the termination date set forth in the notice. In such event, any monies therefore delivered by Vendor to The X Shows for periods following the termination date, including, without limitation, the relevant portion of the Space Rental Fee, shall be promptly returned to Vendor following Vendor’s vacating the Space in accordance with this Agreement.
All notices, demands, consents, approvals, waivers or other communications which may or are required to be given by either party to the other under this Agreement (each, “Notice”) shall be in writing and shall be delivered by (a) personal delivery, (b) a nationally recognized overnight courier, or (c) e-mail, in each case addressed to the party to be notified as follows:
If to The X Shows:
FYID NYC INC.
154 Washington ave.
New York, NY 11205
Attention: Imani Jones
If to Vendor, to the address, or e-mail address specified in Vendor’s Application.
Either party may from time to time designate a different (or additional) address(es) for Notices by at least 5 days prior Notice to the other party. Notices from The X Shows may be given by The X Shows’ attorney, and Notices from Vendor may be given by Vendor’s attorney. Each Notice shall be deemed to have been given on the date such Notice is actually received as evidenced by a written receipt therefor from the personal delivery service, or national courier service, as applicable, and in the event of failure to deliver by reason of changed address of which no Notice was given or refusal to accept delivery, as of the date of such failure or refusal as evidenced by a written receipt therefor from the personal delivery service, or national courier service, as applicable.
(b) Severability. If any term or provision of this Agreement, or the application thereof to any person or circumstances shall to any extent be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of this Agreement, shall not be affected, and each provision of this Agreement shall be valid and shall be enforceable to the extent permitted by law.
(c) Survival. All obligations and liabilities of The X Shows or Vendor to the other which accrued before the expiration or other termination of this Agreement and all such obligations and liabilities which by their nature or under the circumstances can only be, or by the provisions of this Agreement may be, performed after such expiration or other termination, shall survive the expiration or other termination of this Agreement.
(d) Amendments. This Agreement may be supplemented, amended, or modified only by the mutual written agreement of the Parties.
(e) Merger. This Agreement embodies the entire understanding between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof, and all prior agreements, understanding and statements, oral or written, with respect thereto are merged in this Agreement.
(f) Successors. This Agreement shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of The X Shows its successors and assigns, and shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of Vendor, its successors, and to the extent that an assignment may be approved by The X Shows, Vendor’s assigns.
(g) Governing Law; Jurisdiction. This Agreement shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the internal Laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of laws. Each Party hereby irrevocably submits to the jurisdiction of any State or Federal Court New York County, New York, and Hudson County in respect of any suit, action or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Agreement, and irrevocably accepts for itself and in respect of its property, generally and unconditionally, jurisdiction of such courts.
(h) Counterparts. This Agreement may be executed in any number of counterparts, each of which when so executed and delivered shall be taken to be an original; but such counterparts shall together constitute one and the same document.
(i) Electronic/Fax/PDF Same as Original. For purposes of negotiating and finalizing this Agreement (including any subsequent amendments thereto) any signed document transmitted electronically, or by fax machine or as a pdf via email shall be treated in all manner as an original document. The signature of any party shall be considered for those purposes as an original signature. Any such electronic, fax of pdf document shall be considered to have the same binding legal effect as an original document.